View Single Post
Old
10-31-2006, 03:18 AM
Reiher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
Without giving out free advertising and too much info, our grocery staff can make upwards of 24 bucks an hour, if they are full time, they have full dental/medical, pension plan, a shares/investment program. Knowing some of our competition, i know many of them are similiar, unless say you are a sprawl mart.I know our vendors, which i am sure you can use your imagination who i am referring to, the guys who come in and fill shelves and place orders again are making like 25 an hour.

I know cashiers at a certain pharmacy are making close 20 buck an hour as well. If you work at a warehouses for many of these large chains, again i know many guys making over 20 an hour.

Also, retail is not for everyone. Hell its not even for me, i am just hanging in their getting some experience. Trust me, theres lots out there
damn, then I was getting ripped off, and everyone else in the store was getting ripped off. 8.50$/hr...and the full time guy who'd been there for a year and a bit was making 12.85$/hr, something like that, even lead hand makes like 16$/hr....so where is it that you work again? because safeway, superstore, nester's market where I worked. I know for fact that no one there makes more then 8.50$/hr starting and if you're full time then maybe 10~12$/hr but no more then that....

though true that working in the warehouses you get more, and driving the merchandise around pays pretty well too. But working in the actual store...not so much, the ***** boy putting the stuff out on the shelf makes peanuts. Retail sucks, and I think it sucks for just about everyone, it's a matter of how rigurous and how long you can endure the annoyance of it. And really it comes down to being lazy and not wanting to go back to school. Just about everyone I know in the industry plans on getting the hell out at one point or another, that or don't have any education and don't plan on getting any education. Lotta students work **** jobs, and it sucks because it hardly pays for tuition...I mean **** where do I come up with 5000$ a year when you're at school all the time and need to be using your weekend time to be studying...student loan I say. But if you're to live on your own...in BC that's almost impossible enless you go into a program that's not super demanding, or if you get lucky with a student loan and then are in debt 10~15K.

Last edited by Reiher: 10-31-2006 at 03:25 AM.
Reiher is offline   Reply With Quote