Old
07-19-2013, 05:58 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
like usual, you cherry pick parts of my post and make it like that is my main premise.
I responded to the only part of your post worthy of reply. So cherry pick? Hardly. The rest of your post was some rant about Torts that wasn't worthy of a response on my part.

Quote:
which it was not. yes, his brand of hockey was boring. is that even in question ?
When did I ever say it wasn't? Or did you just choose not to read my post before you clicked "submit reply?"

Quote:
and yes jon, i cannot overlook torts in totality. he was the sum of all his parts. part clown. part jerk. part snarky smartass. part bad in game coach. part micro manager. part stubborn stuck in the 90's oldschooler and lastly, part of, if not most of, the problem with this team looking unprepared, outclassed and clueless on many nights.
Yet he was our most successful coach in two decades. It's obnoxious for you to sit there and parrot this crap about him and not give him credit. What a joke.

Quote:
torts was like the bobby knight of the nhl sans the winning championships. i dont take knight seriously either. another pompous, arrogant, no boundaries goofball.
Yet he won. Are you seriously telling me you would rather have a nice coach and lose than have a mean coach and win?

Quote:
and i hated the devils style of play. it was impossible to watch. trap trap trap. score 1 maybe 2 goals and trap your opponent to death.
Yet they won. Are you seriously telling me you would rather play an upbeat style and lose than play a boring style and win?

Quote:
unwatchable. hockey.
Yeah. It did suck to watch that team win. It sucked for us. Guess what? Didn't suck for them.

Quote:
big difference though jon.... lemaires teams wons cups.... johnny boys nyr teams... not so much.
And how much of that is Torts's fault and how much is Sather's/the players' fault? Torts had this team within two games of going to the finals last year.

It's absurd. I don't think he was an amazing coach here and you won't find me saying so. He was, however, our best coach in two decades. He nearly got this team to a Cup. He was then fired when the players whined and quit on him.

Instead of being so disrespectful you should probably give credit when credit is due. I have to laugh when you say Torts is a jerk when you aren't exactly acting like anything but.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote