View Single Post
Old
07-19-2013, 11:10 PM
JohnnyB11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
Unless you think last year was a complete fluke we are two pieces away. A top 6/9 player with size and a D that can clear the crease. If we wait to find those guys via the draft then we will also need another top-pairing D when Markov is gone, and another couple top-6 wingers at least one of whom has size to replace Bourque and Gionta. Then you have to figure at least one of Emelin or Diaz if not both will head to free agency next year so we will need replacements for them as well. I know we have great drafting but we are talking 5-6 quality NHLers and one Elite one. That's asking a lot.
I don't think last year was a complete fluke, however I think the team overachieved throughout the season. They're not as good as their regular season record would indicate, just like they aren't as bad as their playoff performance would suggest. We're more than 2 pieces away. And yes, as time goes by the likes of Markov and Gionta will be gone. However, good young talent fills in the spaces while players like Patches, Eller and Subban continue to improve.

Now is definitely not the time to deal youth for vets.

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote