View Single Post
Old
07-20-2013, 01:59 AM
bsl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
I think we have forgotten another very important piece in building a true competitor. That is an elite coach and staff. You don't win with crappy coaching we have seen that for too long.
Well done on bringing up an important question. Personally, I worry about Therrien's intelligence. I do like him though, he is passionate, and he brings energy and enthusiasm to this young team. He also defends his players, management rule no. 1.

It is well known on this board that I think NHL coaches are glorified cheerleaders. The 86 Habs were essentially coached by Gainey and Robinson for example.

But when and if we become very good, the last thing we need is an idiot who pisses the players off.

I don't mean a coach that scares the players. That's fine, see Scotty Bowman. I mean an idiot that players don't respect. And a coach that will not help Habs in the first serious push they must make for the cup, after 20 years, within the next 3 years.

For now, Thierry is fine by me. He loves the game, and he seems good with the kids. When things get serious in 2015, that is a different question.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote