View Single Post
Old
07-20-2013, 11:32 AM
LetterJ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
2008, didactically.

Since I have a little time left this morning to go into detail...

When I say "best," I mean best developmentally speaking. I saw a lot of the Q when the Lewiston team was still around, and I watched enough of the OHL when Grachev was playing with Duchene and Hodgson. In my viewings of the WHL it appears to have the best coaches, best checking lines. The role players aren't going out there and trying to beat entire teams by themselves.

Let me use an example. Ann average NCAA team would stop a CHL team in a playoff series. But advocates of the CHL would claim that the age difference (16-20 for the CHL and 18-24 for the NCAA) will have played a huge difference, so it doesn't actually indicate that the NCAA is a better league developmentally speaking for young players. And they would have a perfectly logical argument.
I won't speak to whether the coaches in the Dub are better than in the rest of the CHL, because, frankly, I don't know.

I see now what you meant, but the word "best" just struck me as odd. Living in Atlantic Canada (and in a city that has a Q-team), I can say that the Q is quite proud of the fact that they have won three Mem Cups in a row and most Q observers would argue with you as to what league in the CHL is the best.

In hindsight, I probably should have included a in my original post.

LetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote