View Single Post
Old
07-20-2013, 10:59 AM
BaseballCoach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
That's cool man, I've nothing to say against your lineup except this one little thing...where's Diaz?
Diaz is trade bait. We have Subban and Markov for offence, Beaulieu as backup.

We don't need Diaz. He was productive on the PP while Subban was out, but pretty much redundant after that. He is OK defensively, much better than Weber, for instance, but Diaz is a tradeable asset, not core at all.

Only thing I am not sure of is if Diaz is more tradeable with an extension of say 2 years than now, with only 1 year to go until UFA.

I would say move him for the best "sandpaper with some talent" that we can find.

I also will go against the grain here and say that I think the Habs will do very well with Tinordi and Drewiske worked into the lineup, with Cube perhaps falling back to 7th D when Emelin returns. Beaulieu would be in Hamilton, called up if Subban or Markov go down.

Subban
Markov
Gorges
Emelin
Tinordi
Drewiske
Bouillon

Why Tinordi and Drewiske? Because teams need size on D, and these two will be fine once they are properly worked into our system. Tinordi is a future top level D in my opinion, and Drewiske has more reach and better ability to handle tough forechecking than Bouillon.

So again, my position on the coming UFAs is to re-sign Emelin and to trade Diaz for a return that addresses our needs, perhaps a good-sized checking winger for instance.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote