View Single Post
Old
07-20-2013, 11:09 AM
BaseballCoach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
We have Subban & Markov along with 3 other guys that are top-4 Ds. That's much better then the D core you listed.

Plekanec is not going to stick around to be a #3 center. If that's his role then he will leave as soon as he becomes UFA.

Most prospects don't make an impact if you are counting on a prospect like Leblanc coming in and scoring 25 goals you will be dissapointed most of the time.
The question was where would we be in 2-3 years. In 2-3 years Markov will be gone, and Plekanec will still be under contract, being a very valuable 3rd center that is really good enough for a higher role. Which is why I think we can contend in 2-3 years.

You can't simultaneously criticize my time horizon for not including Markov, then tell me that Pleks will be done/gone, when Pleks has two more years under contract than Markov does.

As for Leblanc, you are right that he does not project to 25 goals per season within the next 2 years. He may not even stick in the NHL! But he would be my only hope, among players currently in the system, for a top 9 RW that could play a two-way game. Chris Thomas may make it to the bigs, but not really in a checking role, he is a sniper instead. Bournival is not a RW, and Dumont doesn't have the vision to be a top 9, he is just an energy guy with a small frame that can contribute in limited ways.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote