View Single Post
Old
07-20-2013, 11:30 AM
Sorinth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
The question was where would we be in 2-3 years. In 2-3 years Markov will be gone, and Plekanec will still be under contract, being a very valuable 3rd center that is really good enough for a higher role. Which is why I think we can contend in 2-3 years.

You can't simultaneously criticize my time horizon for not including Markov, then tell me that Pleks will be done/gone, when Pleks has two more years under contract than Markov does.

As for Leblanc, you are right that he does not project to 25 goals per season within the next 2 years. He may not even stick in the NHL! But he would be my only hope, among players currently in the system, for a top 9 RW that could play a two-way game. Chris Thomas may make it to the bigs, but not really in a checking role, he is a sniper instead. Bournival is not a RW, and Dumont doesn't have the vision to be a top 9, he is just an energy guy with a small frame that can contribute in limited ways.
I assumed you meant we would be a contender in 2-3 years and then stay a contender for at least a few years. Pleckanec has 3 years left, if he's the 3rd line center at that time he will hit the UFA market. So we are talking about maybe 1 year where you plan for us to be a contender and actually have him.

Hoping that Beaulieu becomes a top 10-15 defenceman in the league in your 2-3 year timeframe is crazy. And even if he does that's basically a lateral move when we lose Markov.

Sorinth is offline   Reply With Quote