View Single Post
Old
07-20-2013, 11:30 AM
1UP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
What to you would be "bomb spectacularly"? You honestly think he may not make the NHL? Tough, huge, good sense, good hands, above average skater for his size. How - in any shape or form, does that constitute being a huge gamble?

I really don't get it that he has been labelled a gamble and potential bust on here. Why? Because some troll with zero credentials or credibility says so?

He is one one of the lesser gambles in the draft. At 25th overall there may not have been a safer pick.
I'm mostly basing myself on videos I've seen of his skating dating from last year. They may have been old, as I've heard he improved somewhat.

Moreover, his offensive numbers, although he had a better second half, aren't through the roof. These players, sometimes, don't develop the next level required to play in the NHL regularily, and end up in the AHL, or playing goon.

Now, "Bomb spectacularily" might be a little hyperbole, but my threshold for that is that he ends up a classic NHL goon. He could also end up a 2nd line power forward, the kind that wins you playoff series.

Granted, it's now less of a gamble now that he's penciled in to start in London next year.