View Single Post
Old
07-20-2013, 03:30 PM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni View Post
Because a good PP employs rotation among the entire unit. Torts receives blame, but so do the players.
If you're a right handed shot and John Tortorella tells you you're playing the right point than you're not going to arbitrarily take over the left point position. That's what I'm talking about. You're talking about movement once the puck has dropped. I'm talking about placing players in the right positions before the play has even started. Our coaching staff was incapable of doing that. Nothing this coaching staff did regarding the power play last season made any sense. It's the one area of the game where Torts deserves every ounce of criticism he gets. I'm not blaming Sullivan because I haven't seen much evidence outside of HFBoards that Sullivan was the sole master of the power play on this team and even if that were the case Torts still has final say.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. That's how John Tortorella coached the power play.

StaalWars is offline   Reply With Quote