View Single Post
Old
07-20-2013, 03:07 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topnotch View Post
Sorry but I have to respectfully disagree.

In 2011-12 only 117 players hit 15 ES and SH goals. On average that makes it the 4th best goal scorer on each team.

Notables (w/o missing significant time to injury): Selanne, Jokinen, Kesler, Stastny, Legwand, Thornton, O'Reilly, Bozak, Eller, J Williams, Brown, Stepan, Clowe, Gagner, Plekanec, Steen, Jagr, Roy.

In 2012-13 there were even fewer who were on pace to do it (106). But it still comes out to approximately the 4th best goal scorer on a team.

Notables: Ryder, Iginla, Franzen, Cammalleri, Skinner, Bozak, B Richards, B Sutter, Henrique, Bergeron, Perron, Datsyuk, Ribeiro, Giroux, Zetterberg, Alfredsson, M Richards, Filppula.

I surprised myself with some names that missed in either of the two years. Also realized that Toews had 21 ES and SH goals this past year - best in the NHL by two goals over Stamkos and Tavares, 5 better than Ovechkin.
That's definitely surprising, but I still stand by my opinion. I believe Morin can score at a 2G per 12GP pace.

Last year, Chicago had both Bickell and Stalberg on pace for 15+ ES goals. I think Morin's a better goal-scorer than both.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote