Thread: GDT: FA/Trade Talk
View Single Post
Old
07-20-2013, 03:59 PM
Roman Yoshi
Joey: A New Hope

vCash: 500
Gagne at 5.5 is about 1M too much. I expect the ruling to be about 4.5.

Having digested Poiles moves, we are a better team than last year, but not a contender and a dark horse for a playoff spot. It all comes down to us versus Minnesota with St. Louis and Chicago being locks. Time will tell if we made the right decisions on Blum and Hustle, who I still believe have some talent left to show.

Am I thrilled with the roster? No. Happy no. Is it serviceable yes. I am just excited to see our youth. I think spals and smith are droppable at this point (along with ellis). Wish we would take a shot at grabo or Brunner. I wish Poile hadn't signed those ridiculous gaustad, Hendricks, and Nystrom deals. I sincerely hope they prohibit us from making moves in the future. Cullen, while not what we need, should be a solid addition for the next two years. Still had hoped to get a top line center but what can you do? It really comes down to the kids. Is Borque for real? Is Forsberg a top six this year? Is jones a top 4? Is Beck for real?

I see the lines looking like this next year.

Wilson Legwand Hornqvist
Forsberg Fisher Stalberg
Borque Cullen Spaling/Smith/Beck
Hendricks Gaustad Nystrom

Josi Weber
Jones Klein
Bartley Ellis

Ideally we upgrade that third line spot with someone better and burying the puck and get a more seasoned back up goalie.