View Single Post
Old
07-20-2013, 06:15 PM
AIREAYE

vCash: 500
Second, third and fourth skates in them. The 2nd and 3rd skates were 3-on-3 shinnies on a small studio rink. So I got a great idea of how the skate responds to quick turns and stop-starts.

They still feel great, The heat moulding is really quite nice in that I feel less negative space everywhere.

Here are some observations:
- Liking the steel so far, really noticed the smoothness of the polished steel when doing backwards crossovers
- Quick turns and pivots are phenomenal, while I did get my skates profiled, I really do feel that the taller holder setup helps by cutting down that turning radius. Both sharp turns while in motion and while stationary are effortless
- The performance of the arch support insole is holding up, no complaints so far, though I may have to try Superfeet back in them to compare

With their store demo program, 30 day satisfaction guarantee, massive marketing campaign on every platform and giveaways, CCM is really heavily pushing this new skate and stick. I love that they're adopting a 'go big or go home' attitude because they've definitely got something in this skate. Quite reminiscent of the award winning Vapor X:60 skate marketing campaign.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote