View Single Post
Old
07-20-2013, 08:20 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
The Washington 1-3-1 was fascinating to me, and worked because Riberio and Backstrom are excellent playmakers, Green is a threat to shoot, and Ovechkin is a right handed shot on the left side. I see that PP unit as more a product of Oates understanding everyone's strengths, and developing a PP that worked with them.
And all it took was a simple adjustment for the Rangers to completely shut it down. I don't think that system of Oates' is going to be as effective next year after what the Rangers did to it. Unless they adapt and more people start shooting the puck, that is.

As for the Rangers, a lot of good suggestions in this thread. What I'm curious about is how the coaching staff is going to be able to get the team past the psychological roadblocks the team faces on this. Maybe a little success is all they need to clear it up. Maybe a fresh voice can do it all on it's own. Maybe it's drill, drill, drill.

It was the players who didn't execute, not the coaches, and there isn't a clear reason why. These things are unpredictable. We don't even really need a great powerplay. A decent one would do wonders.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote