View Single Post
07-20-2013, 10:54 PM
powers combined
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Originally Posted by RedWingsNow View Post
But the line still sucked because Abdelkader kills plays.

Including the playoffs, where you say he "played well" he finished with 12 goals and 4 assists in 60 games.

Can you tell me one other player who played first line minutes for more than half the season (including the playoffs) and finished with 4 assists?

Can you tell me a second line player who played half the season and finished with 4 assists?

Our leading goal scorers last year were Datsyuk and Franzen -- 15 and 14 goals.

How does a linemate get three assists on 29 goals?

Abdelkader was a terrible third line center. He's not even a good fourth line center.

He's a 4th line winger. That's his skill level.

It's really ****ing tiresome to watch Pavel Datsyuk -- a guy who became known as one of the great playmakers in the game -- playing with 4th-rate talent..
Over the last month of the season Abdelkader had four goals and
just one assist. Over that frame Franzen had 13 points, and Datsyuk had 14. I'm not sure when Z and D were paired up, but Z had 16 points in that month. But whether it was Zetterberg and Datsyuk or Datsyuk and Franzen, Abdelkader was the third player in that mix, and the lines worked.

You bemoan Abdelkader's lack of skill and his lack of assists, but you ignore the line functioning well, producing points, and the team winning.

RIP David
Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote