View Single Post
Old
07-20-2013, 11:56 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather 4 Ever

vCash: 500
Richards needs to not hesitate on letting a bomb go from the top of the umbrella when he has a lane. And especially getting one timers off. People forget he has a very good slap shot and a good one timer too, something not many players on this team have.

I think if he comes to camp in great shape this year and he can get his game back to where it was, combined with the fact that we have a new coaching staff, our PP has a good chance to be revitalized. But, personally, I think the most important factor is Richards. When he's on his game, he has the ability to slow the game down to his pace and take over. As disappointing as his point output in his first year was, most of us forgave him because we actually watched the games. We saw him taking over games and controlling the flow of games with his play. To me, that's what was most troubling this past season. Not his point output, but the fact that he just looked like any other player out there, with no semblance of the player who could take over a game and control the pace, like was for every other season in his career. That was the most troubling.

I still believe that the success of this team depends on two people. Lundqvist and Richards. We need both of them to be on their A game to succeed. People wanted to toss Richards away, and with good reason, but I still believe he is our most important forward.

Glen Sathers Cigar is offline   Reply With Quote