Thread: Prospect Info: Official OKC Barons 12/13 Thread:
View Single Post
Old
07-21-2013, 12:48 AM
SchultzSquared

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Don't think it's very likely that either Larsen or Grebeshkov get sent to the AHL unless their play is catastrophic. Burying Potters contract would be much more reasonable than Grebs.
I am thinking they are assigned to OKC right off the hop and it would take a miracle for that not to open happen if you look at our D situation... tell me what team is claiming a 29-year-old #6/7 D four years out of the NHL and making $1.5M... it is a poison pill contract for a spare D pure and simple... Larsen is a bit more dicey... but teams are rarely in a position to make predatory claims during/after training camp which is when this would happen... most teams are doing the same thing at that time- waiving guys to pare down their roster... the need or opportunity to bring in a new body simply is not great enough... especially not at $1M for an undersized unproven d-man who has never had more than 11 points in a season playing soft competition

Now yes you are correct... one or both of Grebs and Larsen could prove worthy to stick around... MacT has signed so many D because he wants the best to win out... if they stand out in camp they make it plain and simple... in that case both Klefbom and Belov start in the A... and then Potter gets waived... but I would not be too sure this is what happens... Larsen is the better bet to start up here out of either of them and even then he is a #6 playing next to N. Schultz...

SchultzSquared is offline   Reply With Quote