View Single Post
Old
07-21-2013, 06:35 AM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Do you mean last season? Because this season he missed the end with a back injury.

Anyway, I think it's pretty legit to believe him not showing up under Mårts is a big factor. Karlsson, OEL, Hedman, Kronwall, Edler, Hjalmarsson, Ericsson, Brodin all have. You can add Grossmann, Gunnarsson, Gustafsson, Tallinder to that group aswell. Only two camp invitees haven't played for Mårts, Murray and Oduya -- guys who make the playoffs. Enström is never in the playoffs, but hasn't been in the World Champs for the last four tournaments.

Anyone can have their own opinion about that, but for me you don't miss four tournaments in a row with injuries, it's a conscious decision on his part. If it was Erik Karlsson no one would care about that, but Toby is the second or third fiddle PP guy on this team and has healthy competition for a spot. That's when showing up for the World Champs starts to matter. Erik Gustafsson wouldn't be a camp invitee without the World Champs.
You're right, I messed up the years. But as you say, he hasn't played the WCs for a long time so you start to wonder. Last time he did show up, he got boarded and injured in like the first game of the tourney. Still, it's really disappointing seeing good players like Enström declining to play for Tre Kronor and that is obviously being held against him.

Enström is also another LHD that I don't believe is very comfortable on the right side. Guess he could oust Edler based on performance, but Edler feels more all round, even if he is not as consistent as one would have liked.

Last edited by Pentothal: 07-21-2013 at 06:48 AM.