View Single Post
Old
07-21-2013, 01:29 PM
NOBLE27

vCash: 500
http://www.dt.se/sport/1.6093663--ja...if-punkt-****-

Tommy Salo on Jacob de la Rose: "I try to look at what is best for the player's development"

Google translation:

He has been heavily verbally attacked by including Windsor Spitfires general manager Warren Rychel.

The latter has accused Tommy Salo for lying in the saga of super talent Jacob de la Rose.

Self says Leksand's sporting director:

- I have at all, never spoken to the man in question, adding:

- I work exclusively with Leksand IF on the eyes but also takes into account the player's best.

Tommy Salo is currently in a warm and sunny Spain for a short vacation. However, he has received reports of the various moves that have been made concerning Jacob de la Rose.

- It is sad to be called a liar when you know you have done nothing wrong.

- I have heard of me with both the Swedish Ice Hockey Association and the International. Jacob is our players, and obviously it is more stimulating to play in SHL than in a junior league in North America, says Salo.

There is also no doubt that LIF's sports counted him in the squad for the comeback in the top flight.

- Jacob has been in the a-team contexts for two seasons. It's clear that we believe in a positive development for him.

- In addition, Johan Rosen will be responsible for the matching of forwards. John and Jacob have worked together before.

How do you see the role of the agent is this kind of time?

- Sometimes I think the guys are listening too much on agents. Advice is not always the best.

- But it is still the player himself to take the last decisive decision emphasizes Tommy Salo.

Your own role as sporting director when there is such a conflict, because you still have to call it?

- I work for LIF, period. Do not own ego to satisfy. Then I try to also look at what is best for the player's development, says Salo.

NOBLE27 is offline   Reply With Quote