Thread: Nicholas Roy
View Single Post
Old
07-21-2013, 05:39 PM
Scarecrow Boat

vCash: 500
I think the education argument can be put the rest seeing as there's a french school within earshot of the rink in which CBSE play and there are rumors of Roy going to Omaha in the USHL lol

Everything I've seen rule wise says that if they trade him during the trade window in September they will get a 5th overall pick in compensation + whatever they get in the trade (picks only which is no big deal when they have 15 QMJHL forwards already lol) The rules that were changed based on the Carl Nell situation don't effect this situation because Roy was the #1 pick.

I'm still waiting to see if anyone has a link to recent clarification and I've still seen nothing so I'm going with what I read off the QMJHL site ( http://theqmjhl.ca/article/board-of-...delines/116425 ).

I think where most people are confused is that there are different rules for picks 1-4 and picks 5-18 and most people think of the Val-d'Or situation who was between 5-18 so the changes to the rules don't apply to this new CB situation.

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote