View Single Post
Old
01-10-2004, 05:59 PM
Kirk Muller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4ever
Just because he wasn't used in right situation doesn't mean he was brutal or anything, he can already play Bulis type two way game which should be plus for Young guy as you know many young guys first learn offence then defence but he wasn't getting out of position or anything, even I pointed out at the time here that he wasn't producing much but many posters agreed at the time he was very mature and was using his body very well to give Ribeiro more space to work with, and after all that I just don't get it once he is demoted to AHL, most of the posters turned against him, I still don't know why, for prospect to lose his stock he has to play bad but thats not the case for Hossa, he just needs to get things going offensively otherwise he's ready talentwise for NHL.

NO, he can't play a Bulis type two way game. While he is effective along the boards, he doesn't have Bulis's speed, intensity, defensive play, anticipation, and work ethic.

I am not giving up on him especially if he can bring what we saw in Hamilton today, but he is in the AHL for a reason. The fact Dagenais is in Montreal right now speaks volumes.

As for Hainsey, no one doubts his skill or potential, but today, once again, he should his immaturity. His behaviour during the interview should be concerning. He is not 18 anymore.

Add Balej, I can't remember anyone who was willing to give up on him. Fact is, he was injured most of last year, and was forgotten do to it.