Thread: Proposal: Cgy/Phi
View Single Post
07-21-2013, 09:26 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
I should have clarified, I'm comparing Couturier and Baertschi's draft year points. Otherwise it would be unfair considering Couturier didn't get to go back and dominate juniors as a 19 year old like Baerstchi did. That was unclear, my mistake.

But my point is just that people clamor about Baerstchi's offensive ability, but fail to recognize that Couturier has essentially proven just as much in the way of offensive potential. But Couturier's gets written off just because he's been stuck in the 3C shutdown role for the Flyers and unable to produce.
Hahaha I get it, I was more talking to the guy who said couturier was worth more than sven and a 3rd. I showed the stats not to show that Sven was the better player but that he was comparable to Couturier in value. Excuses and cases can be made on either side of course yes Couturier was a 3rd line C but Baertschi played on the 3rd and 4th line last year in the NHL. He didn't get much of a chance. He played 2 / 3games on the 2nd line and then was dropped down to the 3rd / 4th line faster than the oilers in the standings after they realized they had a chance at a top 3 pick again. He was misused by the flames this year when they thought they had a chance to contend. And yes Baertschi is known for his offensive prowness but like couturier not getting credit for his offensive game Baertschi is actually pretty decent in his own end. He is usually one of the first players back and can read plays well and gets his stick in the way quite a bit. I don't think that anyone at this point can say which player is better especially as they are so young yet and they both have different roles.

StanJonathan* is offline   Reply With Quote