Thread: Prospect Info: Top 20 Flyers Prospects, #4
View Single Post
Old
07-22-2013, 01:31 AM
Damaged Goods

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
C'mon dude, think a little. I said they had some similarities in their game. You went on about what leagues they were playing in so I replied they were similar physically. Comparing players physically does not just mean stature. Physical tools are also included.

They are both undersized guys with wiry frames. They are plus skaters (Karlsson is a notch above, one of the best in the league when healthy). They both have very good shots despite their slender builds. Karlsson has a wicked wrister and a pretty good slapper to boot. Gostisbehere as we have seen has a bomb of a shot as well. They have the ability to lug the puck from end to end. Karlsson had troubles in his own end early in his career and has become more than respectable in that regard. Gostisbehere seems to be on the same path.

Now as I said in my original post I am not projecting Gostisbhere to be Karlsson, that would be foolish of me to even suggest that. All I said was they have a lot of similarities in their game and their physical tools. He could be a poor man's Karlsson of some sort if everything pan's out.
If he doesn't have a brain like Karlsson's, then the physical similarities aren't likely to come to much. Players like Karlsson are special because they think the game a step ahead, and that's why he was identified as a special player from a young age. I wouldn't get so excited about Ghost yet.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote