Thread: Value of: Teddy Purcell
View Single Post
Old
07-22-2013, 05:32 AM
Jacko95

vCash: 500
Well I will be honest with you (as a Lightning fan that sees him regualry).
He produces points, but thats about it. He wasn't paired with Stamkos and MSL, it was always Stamkos with either Purcell or MSL and Lecavalier with Purcell or MSL.

The thing with Purcell is, he needs the right players with him to succeed. He totally scares away from physical play and is pretty bad on the back end. But pair him with a two-way player that is willing to battle for the puck regulary and you will have fun with Purcell. He makes incredible passes, nobody else on the ice saw coming and can actually shot quit well, but he is inconsistent.

So if you trade for him you get the player of the game 25% of the time, 50% of the time an average onedimensional top6 winger and 25% of the time a nonfactor.

That might all sound very bad, but after all he is really really good on what he does, but the problem is, he does not that much ( as said before one dimensional)

I doubt we would get Seidenberg out of him eventhough I would LOVE to add quit a bit to get Seidenberg (solid prospect/ 2nd/ 3rd rounder). I think Bieksa is pretty close in terms of value and Boychuk is definitly not far off,but I would want a later pick coming to us with him.

Jacko95 is online now   Reply With Quote