View Single Post
Old
07-22-2013, 06:40 AM
ottsabrefan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
Based purely on what he exhibited in Vancouver, I'm capping him at a 35g-90p player.

Cerebral offensive player with a superb shot. Good positioning, good passing.

Doesn't have the game breaking physique or skating to hit triple digits, unless he finds himself on a ridiculously stacked team.

Anyway, he was poor defensively during his time in Vancouver. He's a very offensive minded player, looking to get by on defense and sometimes even cheating to create chances.

Not sure how much he's changed since I've watched him about 0 times since the trade, but I can't imagine his skating going from sub-par to above average in the span of a single season.
His skating has improved significantly after working with Gary Roberts last summer. It is no longer a hindrance and was the one weakness really holding him back when we first got him. I would put it at maybe slightly below average. He's never going to be a speedster but at least now it isn't slowing him down.

He does need to get stronger as that is what resulted in trouble in the defensive zone last year, but he is still 23. But, he does still need to spend a lot of time improving his own zone.

I'm not sure if he ever will hit 100 points, but there is no longer any single flaw preventing him from doing so, like before he improved his skating.

ottsabrefan is offline   Reply With Quote