View Single Post
Old
07-22-2013, 09:18 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I'm still stunned that Theodore went 26 while Bowey went 53. It makes no sense to me. Can't wait to see both guys' progressions as I would have probably reversed it.
Not me. I see much more potential upside in Theodore. Bowey is a solid player with intangibles and work ethic, don't get me wrong. I see him as a potential 2nd pairing guy, though, while Theodore has the skating, hands, passing, shot, and ability to read the play to become more than that. People suggesting that he's poor defensively simply lack understanding of the roster/"system" (lack thereof, really) in Seattle last year, and are unfairly penalizing him for not being able to do more about it as a 17 year old on the 1st pairing. Despite being such a putrid team, Seattle almost put Bowey and the Rockets out of the playoffs, building up a 3-0 series lead before collapsing (5 games decided in overtime). The defense of Theodore and Forsberg went a long way to keeping them in that series (although Theodore was +2 in the deciding game, while Forsberg was -3).

Theodore's not a crease-clearer at all, which hurts his reputation a bit, too, but surely he'll fill out as he turns 18, 19, etc. Seems like those who watched Seattle throughout the year saw very marked improvement in Theodore's defensive game as the season went on, and I expect him to polish that side of his game even further this coming year.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote