Old
07-22-2013, 09:49 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I was disrespectful? How exactly?

If I was, wasn't intentional...apologies if something was lost in translation.

Now, if you're not saying that giving out long term contracts off the ELC is the absolute way to go

Then what are you arguing against exactly?

That the Habs aren't following the trend of most teams??
You didn't understand what I was saying to that poster, and you ended it with a snarky comment "what a simplistic way of looking at it!"

Listen, if you want to chime in that's fine, but perhaps look up the post I was responding to before completing a confusing response that addresses something that was never said.

But again, I am disputing the idea that the way to build a perennial contender is to force players to take bridge contracts.

I can't think of any constant contenders that follow this practice.

Does it mean it won't work? Not necessarily. But again, I never said it would fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Value of 'good signings'

That's often quite subjective...fan A might think a contract is good value, fan B might think the player is overpaid

Neither is right and in the end, neither really matters.

There are many reasons why a team wins a Cup, the salary remuneration of their players ranks somewhere near the bottom

Can you quantify that?

lol

But seriously, not interested in a semantics filed debate about your statement. It's subjective and impossible to prove.

However, every single GM will state the importance of managing the cap properly.