View Single Post
07-22-2013, 10:35 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I guess the season will settle this one way or another, but I just don't see it. This roster is not good. I think it is possible that we slide in as a bottom seed if Rinne puts the team on his back and our young guys all break out. I just don't think we're much, if any, better than last year's squad, and while I know injuries killed us, it's not like we were contenders with a healthy roster either.

I'd love to be as optimistic as some here, but I am more of a face the facts guy like top 6 here.

People say we will make the playoffs because we have a gritty bottom six? Lol, ooook.
Just because we paid guys way more than they deserved doesn't mean they are worth that and will play to that. Nystrom should have gotten 600,000/year, not 2.5 million!! That's ridiculous!
Hendricks should be a league minimum player, but now as a predator he is pushing 2 million.
Cullen is old as hell and doesn't have much left in his old tank. I will be shocked if he put up 45 points, especially with his surrounding cast.
Beck, forsberg, and bourque are not getting more than 30 points, maybe bourque hits thirty, but the other two haven't even played a quarter season in the NHL yet, to expect our offense to come from then is absurd and any gm would know that.
And rinne wasn't exactly spectacular last season, I love peks but I don't think a 7 year deal was necessary.

This is not a playoff team, not a chance.

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote