View Single Post
Old
07-22-2013, 11:39 AM
Stoneman89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
I think it's pretty obvious at this point that Ray was one of the few pieces keeping the Eskies even moderately respectable. Trading a future HoF QB for the return we got set this team back a long time. A top QB is the most important part of a good football team. I'd say it's actually near impossible to have a good team without one. Now we're in the search for another one. And those searches can take years.

Obviously the management of the team sucks horribly. From the president on down. But dismissing the Ray deal as inconsequential is a bit of a reach, imo.
I'm not sure why, but I have this gut feeling that we may have something in Crompton. Not saying Reilly will not turn out well after getting experience, but this other kid seems to have something I can't put the finger on. And it's not based on his little drive in the last minute of the last game. I see some Danny McMannus in him, only with a lot better mobility. I think he can turn out to be the best of the bunch. I just hope our offensive line and play calling allow him and anyone else they put in, the chance to survive to fulfill some of that potential.