View Single Post
07-22-2013, 10:47 AM
Provolone & The Neck
vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
It really makes it so much worse.
Yeah, it's pretty unbelievable. Almost as bad as the Big Ten's conference names. Is there any indication as to why they went with this format rather than going with a Gretzky, Orr, Lemiuex, Howe type of set up? Or what would have been cool was to have one guy from each major area of the world. One Canadian, one American, one Russian/Eastearn European, and one European. Gretzky from Canada. Maybe Brian Leetch from USA (or Joey Mullen if you want an older guy). Fedorov or Mogilny maybe from Eastern Europe. Kurri from Europe? Something like that. Would be kind of cool.

Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Is anyone still really pissed about the realignment and more specifically, the 14/16 split? I wouldn't hate it as much if there was a plan to add two expansion teams within the next year or two in the west to balance it out, but as far as I've read, there isn't anything close to set in stone. So how long are teams in the East going to keep getting boned by the lack on balance? 3 years? 5 years? 10 years?
I think their desire to set it up like that made it so there could be expansion in the future. IDK though. I am all for expansion. I know some people don't like it, but I think it would good (provided the teams are in good markets like Seattle or Canada).