View Single Post
Old
07-22-2013, 10:47 AM
Halibut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
I'm not sure why, but I have this gut feeling that we may have something in Crompton. Not saying Reilly will not turn out well after getting experience, but this other kid seems to have something I can't put the finger on. And it's not based on his little drive in the last minute of the last game. I see some Danny McMannus in him, only with a lot better mobility. I think he can turn out to be the best of the bunch.
Maybe, but when he came in relief at the end of the Riders game he looked brutal. Seemed indecisive and unable to pitch the ball 10 yards. He definitely showed better this week against the Lions but I'm not going to annoint him the savior and suggest we ditch Reilly in favor of Crompton because of a couple nice series in a game that was over.

This team has been bad since they hired Macioccia and that includes the last Grey Cup win. We've had some very good defensive teams at times, and Ricky Rays incredible accuracy on the short passes, but all around we've been getting worse not better. Our O-line has sucked for almost a decade, our special teams have been poor and getting worse and it's not just the returner. They need somebody with a long term plan,not sure Hervey is that guy. As much as we want immediate results I'd be more impressed by seeing signs of an organization capable of finding talent in every position on a regular basis.