View Single Post
Old
07-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Estimated_Prophet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post
Take into considerations his age, lack of offensive development and his 2 years wasted on defensive duties (with Martin) and playing with rookies and grinders might not have help either.

This guy put up 29 points in 21 games while playing junior international hockey....must have some great hockey IQ in him. I think he is just getting it back under Therrien.

I don't picture him as a 1st line center but still, as for a center, he ended up being the:

37th center for points
22nd center for ES points
24th in assists

The guy played with a 18yo rookie and some grinders (Prust, Armstrong, Dumont) and spent the first 1/4 of this season on the bench, fourth line, on the wings....and without powerplay time, he almost gave us first line offensive production.

22nd for hits (For a center)
19th for blocked shots
57th for shots

All this at 23 years old......is it so out of this world to think that with 2-3 more years of developpement, better linesmate, better ice-time and powerplay time....we're talking about an Elite 2nd line center in the making???
I like Eller but there is no denying his lack of vision on the ice. It is the sole reason that he stalled in St.Louis and was deemed expendable. I am glad we have him but people on here need to acknowledge his limitations.

As for the junior stats.......plenty of players with very suspect hockey IQ have put up big numbers in junior.