View Single Post
Old
07-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I'd say in addition to Pacioretty, there's also Lars Eller, Galchenyuk & Gallagher are on ELC's and their salary in relation to their production, at least the production expected going forward, is well under their value. Rene Bourque, when healthy can easily pot 20-25 goals, at 3.3M per year, I'd say that's solid value...and PK Subban, this year and next year provides EXCELLENT value.

The Habs will over the next few years be graduating a fair bit of players from their prospect pool which should offset any raises they'll be forced to hand out to players over the next few years...add in the cap going up, and there's more then enough money to go around.

The Habs currently have ONE player makign 6M or more, Carey Price...the roof isn't caving in, yet you're sitting here 'doomsday prepping'. Seems kind of silly

I get the premise of what you're saying, yes, it would of been nice to have Subban over the next 5 years at 5.5M cap hit (although you're just buying one or two of his UFA years and then who knows what you'll be paying for him then) but the alternative route that MB chose isn't the doomsday scenario you're trying to portray.
Bourque has yet to provide us with a value of over his cap hit. The day he'll score 25-30 goal, then we can agree. That hasn't happened yet.
Has for rookies or ELC players, Chicago and Boston have them as well, and we're not talking about their elite star players like Chara, Toews, Kane, Keith, etc..
Those kids you're talking about will also come out of their ELC within the next two seasons and their salary won't drop. Add Emelin and possibly Diaz to that mix.

In any event, you seem to want to argue one thing only, that it isn't the end of the world. Not sure why you think I'm trying to portray a doomsday scenario, I'm only stating the facts. I also mentioned quite a few times now that it isn't the end of the world. In no way does it mean it's not a mistake. You're the one that seems dead set on proving it wasn't one and your main argument is that it's not the end of the world.
Really, it's foolish..

It's not the end of the world that PK was signed to a bridge deal, we'll get by. We could have had him for cheaper, but it's too late now, so be it.
What I find absolutely dumb was forcing a 2.8M, when he's already worth more, to the point of locking out your best player to start the year. That is stupid. Is it the end of the world? No, PK signed and stayed. But then he hurries himself to extend DD and Bouillon? This doesn't strike me as good planning. Those are more the alarm signs. I've brought this up before, so have others, but it gets ignored and people focus on the cap instead.

It was a mistake, we could have had him for cheaper, simple and clear. Not the end of the world.