View Single Post
Old
07-22-2013, 02:20 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Sorry, I don't buy it as if it were true, not many of your posts would remain "without attacks" as it seems to be your favourite strategy of debate, seeing your interaction in this thread. No respect for others' opinion because they differ from yours.
What are you talking about? KrissE has been pretty respectful and has provided some strong arguments. Stop deflecting from the topic, unless of course you want to

Quote:
Hindsight is a beautiful thing, isn't it?
It's not a matter of hindsight. Subban was already playing at a 5 million dollar level. Outside from a few string of games here and there which is normal for a young player, Subban was the team's number one D-men since his call up in the 09 playoffs, and this is not because we had no other option, but because Subban was already that good. Not only that, but Subban also showed that his development wasn't done yet and that there was still huge room to grow.

Not only would have paying him 5 million over 5-6 years have been paying him what he was worth at the time, but it would have given the Canadiens the opportunity to have the player at a discount should he continue to develop, which many were sure he would (and were vindicated in the fact that he was the Norris winner this year). This was all stated BEFORE the contract and BEFORE his outstanding season, so it's not a question of hindsight.

Oh and before I forget... I need to finish this off with a and

Last edited by Andy: 07-22-2013 at 02:28 PM.