View Single Post
Old
07-22-2013, 03:29 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Bourque has yet to provide us with a value of over his cap hit. The day he'll score 25-30 goal, then we can agree. That hasn't happened yet.
Has for rookies or ELC players, Chicago and Boston have them as well, and we're not talking about their elite star players like Chara, Toews, Kane, Keith, etc..
Those kids you're talking about will also come out of their ELC within the next two seasons and their salary won't drop. Add Emelin and possibly Diaz to that mix.

In any event, you seem to want to argue one thing only, that it isn't the end of the world. Not sure why you think I'm trying to portray a doomsday scenario, I'm only stating the facts. I also mentioned quite a few times now that it isn't the end of the world. In no way does it mean it's not a mistake. You're the one that seems dead set on proving it wasn't one and your main argument is that it's not the end of the world.
Really, it's foolish..

It's not the end of the world that PK was signed to a bridge deal, we'll get by. We could have had him for cheaper, but it's too late now, so be it.
What I find absolutely dumb was forcing a 2.8M, when he's already worth more, to the point of locking out your best player to start the year. That is stupid. Is it the end of the world? No, PK signed and stayed. But then he hurries himself to extend DD and Bouillon? This doesn't strike me as good planning. Those are more the alarm signs. I've brought this up before, so have others, but it gets ignored and people focus on the cap instead.

It was a mistake, we could have had him for cheaper, simple and clear. Not the end of the world.
I don't disagree with you there...I didn't like the way it went down. But there were two sides to this negotiation.

So if you blame one, you have to blame the other as well.

As far as paying him what he's worth, that's not always how things work...especially with ELC's and 2nd contracts. It's the only time teams have control to pay players what they think they can afford, not necessarily what the player is worth.

They have that right...why not take advantage of it???

Also, again...not you, nor anyone can say it was a mistake. You're speaking in absolutes, when not all of the data is complete to come to a conclusion.