View Single Post
Old
07-22-2013, 04:02 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
That doesn't exactly make sense... Shouldn't you invite the best of the best to duke it out to see who exactly is the best? Canada didn't invite Nathan MacKinnon or RNH or Justin Schultz to "show them the ropes". USA didn't invite Jack Campbell. Russia didn't invite Anton Slepyshev. I doubt Sweden invites Klefbom...

I understand where you're coming from, but as a selector (not a developer) of talent, you'd have to attempt to build towards the future event, not the general future: I think USAH sees Trouba as a better player than Petry, and in that case, I wish them luck.
Team Canada and Sweden have repeatedly taken teams to the WHC and had youngsters either as extra F or D - just as a type of developmental opportunity.

Similar thing happening for Team USA. Obviously there's been a bit of anti-Petry bias on their behalf in years past, but I think this is beyond that - it's just a developmental opportunity for these kids at camp. None of them are coming along to Sochi.

Another guy in a similar boat is Andy Greene. Definite top pairing defenseman. But just not a guy Hockey USA has been a fan of. They love their former WJHC kids, or guys that came up through the USANDTP

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote