View Single Post
Old
07-22-2013, 07:02 PM
StellerEller
Saku :D

vCash: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by YUHeffToBMad View Post
Eller's vision or hockey IQ is not his weakness. His tendency of over-handling the puck is. He's one of our most creative players and best playmakers IMO. The more his offensive role becomes important in the team, the more you're gonna see from him. Just like last year, many people didn't see his game coming together, and he was getting even better during the playoffs.

There's no doubt in my mind that once he'll adjust, he'll be a legit top 6 centreman.
Good post. I think the thing about Eller is he would be reaching his full potential with a playmaking winger and a shoot-first winger. Eller is the balance to a top6 line. He carries the defensive side of the game, while retrieving and protecting the puck with his size and incredible hands. He just needs more offensively minded players (and the icetime) to break out. Look how well he was doing by the end of the season. Find and put him players that go to the right areas and have a natural chemistry with him in terms of knowing what he likes to do, and I'm convinced he won't have the same problem of holding on to the puck that long anymore. I have a feeling that if DD was his LW both would succeed tremendously.

As for the future, I'd love to see him with one of Collberg/McCarron/Gallagher. Eller should be a huge piece for us moving forward, it all depends if they let him step up and be the man. If the habs brass unleash him a bit, I could see him peaking anywhere between #1b centre and a high-end #2