View Single Post
Old
07-22-2013, 07:21 PM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I hope so but right now, that's the sound of staying put....and I don't like that. I mean, it can't take you that long in negotiating with your #1 starter in Hamilton does it? Unless....he's already signs for 2 years. I mean, there is a reason why they insisted for him to not go in Europe. It can't be because they were missing a #2 in Hamilton. I mean, Delmas could be the guy. And I have a lot of faith with Condon actually. I know, just development camp practices, but I loved what I saw. Yet....we need a #1 goalie back there. And if it's not him 'cause for some reasons, they don't like him, well the other good goalies are surely all signed.

I mean, you do remember how puzzled you were when Tokarski wasn't dressed too much at the end of the year, and we thought it was because they wanted to see Mayer more or the other goalies...well....it was either that or something happened and Tokarski did something. But then...why do you qualify him?
I think what you're thinking about was Mayer getting the call up at the end of the season, with the black aces. Expected Tokarski to get called up, he deserved the call-up based on his play and the Bulldogs were mathematically out of the Calder Cup playoffs by then.

Mayer has games where he stands in there and wins the game or could have if the Bulldogs could score. I guess if he could find some consistency in his game he might be able to take the #1. Somebody in the organization obviously sees ability in Mayer's game that I can't, not that I'm Stephane Waite, not even overweight.

I assume that the time the Habs have invested in Mayer will pay off, hopefully in the form of Brett Ritchie or a high draft pick 2nd or 3rd round pick. As pigs grow wings and bacon comes Air Mail at least in my world.