Old
07-22-2013, 07:29 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Lower ceiling. There's no way McGinn should be in the same conversation as most of these guys. I think he's a fringe NHLer at best. I'm glad he didn't look out of place up here last year, but I'm not locking a spot down for him for 5 points in 18 games, most of which with skilled players.
I think his (realistic) ceiling is about the same as Ghost, Stolarz, and Cousins. I think people get fixated on guys around here and have unrealistic expectations. Ghost is going to be at best a top four guy (more realistically a bottom pair guy). Stolarz I could actually see turning into something, but for me I just would never rank a goalie in the top five prospects of the organization just because goalies are so boom or bust. Cousins I think has the same ceiling as McGinn (top nine) just in a different role. I'm just surprised to see people saying they don't want to sign Gagne to a one year deal because they want Tye McGinn to be the third line winger, then say the guy is not a top five prospect. I'd rather have Gagne there and I still think McGinn is the better prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
I don't understand why a low-end prospect would get such a boost in these rankings because he is close to being NHL roster filler. Even if McGinn pans out, he will still be an easily replaceable player.
See above.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote