View Single Post
Old
07-22-2013, 07:32 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I respect other opinions. Yours and some others, on this matter, are just not worthy of it.
Yep, those who agree with you. How convenient.

Quote:
As for your previous post, I didn't see the need to respond to it considering you wrote the same thing to LG and he countered your points well.
LG has been excellent at moving the goal post and not responding to what I brought forward. Let's see if you follow in the same trend...

Quote:
MaxPac almost got decapitated, how you conveniently leave this out makes me lose respect for your post. This isn't something that you can just shove under the rug. He also, as you mentioned, just scored 24pts. I don't care in how many games, the sample size is just way too small for it to warrant a long term investment.
24 points... including 14 goals in only 37 games! He was becoming the power forward needed with this team... decapitated or not. Andrei Markov had just received two major knee surgeries and received a $5.75M contract per season... what's your point? Are you suggesting that had it not been for the Chara hit, Pacioretty would have signed long term?

Quote:
As for Price, no, he didn't steal the starting job from Huet. They were both used evenly, and then Gainey moved Huet giving Price the position, it left a lot of people scratching their heads. Now that this is clear. Price also LOST the #1 spot to Halak. How you again leave this out shows you're only trying to find excuses.
He stole the starting job from Huet by outperforming him. He lost his job (temporarily I must add) to a goalie who became hot for a stretch and they (rightfully) went with the hot hand. Not because of Price's skills. But again, it doesn't take away what Price had accomplished, I might add. Are you suggesting that Price would have signed long term had Halak flopped?

Quote:
What about Kane? Toews? and the many others who have been gambled on and it paid off??
You need to review the definition of "risk" and "might". Those are no certainties, but just like it doesn't guarantee that Subban would for sure slump, it doesn't mean either that he wouldn't have.

Quote:
As for Myers, he struggled in his sophomore year, a lot. Then he got injured. Never been the same since. But really a 10M signing bonus? Not at all comparable to PK. Skinner is the same, those kids showed signs of dropping after their rookie year. Not PK.
Oh boy, splitting hair. And what about Subban's issues with his teammates and his maturity? No sign for concern? Definitely is in the real world. Remember though, something you and your buddies struggle with is going back when the negotiations where happening, not in hindsight...

Quote:
First off, I think your points are garbage because they are that, not because you disagree with me.
Yeah right! lol

Quote:
1- Bridge contract is one thing, I have mentioned I could let this go. Forcing your star player to miss the beginning of the season because you want him to sign a way below value deal is something completely different.
How do YOU know that it's the organization forcing him to miss the start of the season and not Subban holding back for the long term deal? Or is it possible that it takes two to tango and both were holding off based on the length of the contract and not the amount, as they both reported in the media? A bit of bias, perhaps?

Quote:
2- The cap will go down, and we had enough space with the compliance buy outs.
Define enough without using hindsight. You claim loud and clear to whomever wants to buy the kool-aid you're selling that the Habs are building for 2 to 4 years down the road, yet we're talking about a team who finished second in the East this past year. Most reasonable fan was saying that the previous year was bad luck due to injuries, that the Habs were better than what their record showed... and they simply proved it by being somewhat healthy (except in the playoffs).

Quote:
3- Gionta and Markov's contracts will come off by next year, but you're assuming they won't be re-signed or replaced. Gionta maybe can be let go, but Markov, if he has a similar year or even improves shouldn't. You also don't mention there are other FAs up for re-signals like Emelin and Eller, and perhaps Diaz if we keep him. Not to mention, addition of UFAs.
I did not assume anything about Gio and Markov. I even said that even signing Subban for $8M, there was $12M left to sign replacements/other RFAs...

Quote:
4- Subban having issues in the locker room is media hoopla garbage. Nothing factual came of this other than Gill telling PK to pick up his jersey when he threw it on the floor, or others telling him to change the music. It's completely speculative from your part. He did fight in practice, but if you see it's from him battling with guys in corners. Plekanec has been involved as well, so did DD, so do a million of other guys. Obviously the guy that has a bigger personality gets the bad rep.
Yes, media cameras lie for your convenience Kriss. It's all made up. But my stuff is garbage. I understand now.

Quote:
Otherwise, PK's work ethic is irreproachable, he is a professional, never caught doing something bad, off ice training is amazing, always in camp in great shape. But ya, he has issues..
I've never, ever attacked Subban's work ethic so you bringing this up is irrelevant. I agree with you on that. Nice try though.

Quote:
5- Completely speculative. Players can hold grudges via coaches or GMs. It's not because it's a business that every decision from management is right, and when it's wrong, players have every right to be upset.
Arbitration is completely different than making your star miss the start of the year, seemingly alienate him from the team, and force him to take a well below value deal. They are world apart. For the record, I never thought arbitration would make Plekanec leave.
There you go again blaming the organization for Subban missing the start of the season... smoke screen at best as something tells me that Subban also had something to do with missing the start of the season.

As for the "below his true value", let's agree to disagree. We're talking about a RFA with little rights here, not a UFA.

Quote:
6/7- Again, a bridge contract is one thing, forcing him to take well below his value is another. If Gally ends up having two 80pts+ season back to back, I'll be very surprised if he agrees to 2y/4M. Same can be said of every other player.
Why such low dollars? IF (and that's a big if) he puts out those numbers, he'll get more than $4M I would think... but it may not be $8M. We'll have to see though. But the point is not to try to predict numbers, but rather the FACT that Bergevin instated a way of conducting business with a bridging contract.

Quote:
8- Yes, Bergevin has no choice but to give him his big pay day now. He could have had him for cheaper before, he decided to make the commitments and risks on local less important players like DD and Bouillon.
What do DD and Bouillon, two players who had UFA in their contracts, have to do with Subban? The last I checked, Subban doesn't play center and he can't spend 60 minutes on the ice. Better Bouillon to groom Tinordi than Subban at this point in their career.

Quote:
The cap hit is where it differs, this is also following your numbers only.

You're right that the cap will be the lowest next year, but that's not when it'll be the most important to us. The cap hit will be the most important when we're closer to contention, that's hopefully between 2-4years. That's when we'll have a few players off their ELC, some entering their prime, and we'll need as much cash saved off them so we can go after big names and over pay.
Again with the speculation of 2-4 years when the team just finished second in the East. Many fans will disagree with you there and I'm one of them. When you make the playoffs and finish that high, you're closer than 2-4 years, at least in my opinion. But see, it's opinions here (yours and mine), not facts. While what I brought up was a fact (saving on the cap when it's at its lowest). Pride aside, do you notice the difference? I hope so anyway.

Quote:
Also, entirely speculative that PK never bought into a team concept before, and I have a hard time understanding where this comes from when it's clear he's a huge team player. Always praises his teammates, always defends them, never throws anyone under the bridge.
No, you're right Kriss...

Last edited by Habsterix*: 07-22-2013 at 07:40 PM.