View Single Post
Old
01-10-2004, 07:33 PM
Physical HABuse

vCash: 500
Great post jonny5.....much appreciated as it supports what I have read before. I was also looking at the ages of different rookies and this whole thing about Ryder being too old is being blown out of proportion too. Right now, I see guys like Ryder, Bergeron, Hunter, Raycroft, and Pitkanen as guys with the best chances to come away with the Calder. Raycroft is the oldest at 25...granted goalies develop a bit later than others. Ryder comes next at 23.....only like 3 months older than Hunter who is also 23. Pitkanen is 20......and Bergeron is 18. When all is said and done I am hoping that Ryder puts enough space points-wise between him and the younger guys like Bergeron to get more consideration.....and others like Hunter are essentially the same age so should not get any more consideration for being "younger". I think Bergeron will tail off in points. I think the dark horse here is Pitkanen because he is a defensemen....and doesn't necessarily have to keep the same point pace as forwards.....just to be as productive as he's been. I like Ryder if he keeps this up.