View Single Post
Old
07-22-2013, 08:14 PM
Soundwave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
This is a more elaborate, extensive, and expensive design than any of the above. Factor in labor problems here (i.e. finding it) supply problems and winter climate for many months of the year and I don't know that these are comparables. This is a massive undertaking for it to be projected at two years from ground breaking to completion.

I'd be amazed if it was all finished inside and out and ready to go in Fall 2016.
Well I guess they could start in April/May 2016.

Not everything has to be 100% complete for it to open either I don't think. The main arena section would but maybe some of the other things could come online in the following months. Like I don't think it'd be the end of the world if the Winter Garden component isn't ready until say November.

Minnesota is pretty comparable for climate though. They were built in a shade over 2 years (XCel Energy Center).

Air Canada Center in Toronto was actually under two years.

I think starting in May 2016 is plenty of time to have the arena and most of the base structure finished by October 1, 2016. The Oilers can play a few pre-season games at Rexall if need be.

Last edited by Soundwave: 07-22-2013 at 08:22 PM.