View Single Post
Old
07-22-2013, 08:19 PM
JB51Hockey

vCash: 323
If you are in any other area other than the Greater Boston area, Met is way above high school. Don't think that you have to go to junior to get looks. USPHL 16AAA and 18AAA are also very good leagues. 18AAA USPHL is better than probably 90% of all Empire and Met teams. However, the AYHL is not as good as any junior teams (Empire and Met included). If this kid you speak of is a '97 and entering his last season as u16 birth year I would suggest playing Met with an organization that allows you to advance. Meaning an organization that has both Met and EHL (formally AJHL). The kid will grow so much and improve every single aspect of his games (quickness, shooting, passing, physicality) all because of playing with older, faster and better kids than what you would get in U16. Then maybe U18 the following season. I would say more than two years in the Met or Empire for anyone is too long if they are a serious hockey player.

Just a quick list but I would avoid: Brewster, Jersey Wildcats, Titans, Renegades and Avalanche

JB51Hockey is online now   Reply With Quote