View Single Post
Old
07-22-2013, 09:15 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I think his (realistic) ceiling is about the same as Ghost, Stolarz, and Cousins. I think people get fixated on guys around here and have unrealistic expectations. Ghost is going to be at best a top four guy (more realistically a bottom pair guy). Stolarz I could actually see turning into something, but for me I just would never rank a goalie in the top five prospects of the organization just because goalies are so boom or bust. Cousins I think has the same ceiling as McGinn (top nine) just in a different role. I'm just surprised to see people saying they don't want to sign Gagne to a one year deal because they want Tye McGinn to be the third line winger, then say the guy is not a top five prospect. I'd rather have Gagne there and I still think McGinn is the better prospect.

See above.
I agree with Cousins' ceiling being the same as McGinn's, but I don't know how you can compare Ghost's and Stolarz's. I think McGinn's absolute ceiling is a 3rd liner, and like mentioned before, he'll be replaceable for someone with more skill. I don't think he defends well enough to be a 4th liner.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote