View Single Post
Old
07-22-2013, 10:20 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Goose and nystrom and Hendricks. IMO that's the fourth line. How much have went spent on our fourth line?? I can see clune getting scratched often with these new guys unfortunately. Clune is better bang for the buck though big time.

Top nine forwards are,
Legwand, fisher, hornqvist, Cullen, bourque, forsberg, stalberg, Wilson, smith.

Maybe we could have signed a guy we didnt sign due to no cap room really now with these high priced fourth liners. Maybe Horton wanted to come to Nashville maybe ribeiro did, probably not, but you don't know for certain, only poile would, and he just went all out crazy money spendin on fourth line guys, I agree you don't need just joe schmoes on fourth line, but I think we could have got a bit cheaper than this...

We are all entitled to our opinion guys, we don't have to agree. If you can question my 'loyalty' I have the same right. But we are all obviously fans or we wouldn't be here posting. So we have that commonality, all just have different ideas how the team should be ran, it's called being a fan.
Horton wanted a 7 year deal and an Eastern Conference team. He was not looking at Nashville. The Preds appear to have had little interest in Ribeiro. Briere was a target, but decided on his hometown team and Cullen is a good acquisition and is very underrated.

FWIW, can we stop with listing Matt Cullen as the 3rd line center. He was signed to be the No. 1 center (not sexy, I know) and will be trotted out there as such (remember the team rolls three lines consistently at even strength and mixes in the fourth).

Wing - Cullen - Wing
Wing - Fisher - Wing
Wing - Legwand - Wing
Wing - Gaustad - Wing

Personally, it doesn't look that bad to me knowing Cullen is playing over his head, but Fisher and Legwand are both in better positions as a result...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote