View Single Post
Old
07-23-2013, 01:11 AM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I don't disagree that we're in better shape than last season, though no Erat all year will hurt. Our young players should progress some, so that will help. So yes, I do think we will improve slightly, but I think think we're a bottom 10 team. Who knows how the new division will effect things.

Injuries may be better this year, or they may not. As awful as the decimation of our forwards was, we were very lucky on the backend and in net.
Rinne was injured all season last year and readily admits that it affected him. Bourque tore his knee in Milwaukee a couple weeks before the lockout ended. Gaustad was injured before he was acquired. Remember too that with a full summer and training camp, players will be better prepared for the demands of the season.

Nothing in life is granted. But last year we were starting the year with some major injuries. My point is that this year we are starting from scratch. That's an improvement over last year.

Quote:
Injuries will happen for us and every other team, and just imagine what the team will look like if one Weber/Josi/Rinne goes down. Can you imagine a Hutton/Hellberg tandem? Obviously any team would be badly hurt by losing their starter, but my point is that injuries always can and will happen. The question is how you respond to them. We simply went into a nosedive. Ottawa lost Spezza all year, Karlsson all year, Michalek for most of the year, and Anderson for a little over half of the year, and STILL made the playoffs and won a first round serious.

I'm not going to assume we're better just because we're healthy, because that can always change.
I'll be the first to say that Hutton is a big risk, but like you said earlier, "In Mitch We Trust" (avatar please!!!). Milwaukee was also asked to pick a goalie and they chose Hutton. Hellberg will be ready by season's end and I wouldn't doubt he would stand a good chance at shining should he come up mode season this year. There is no replacing Rinne though.

On D, we are short right now, yet have a bit of a log jam. Ekholm is ready. Ellis has to take a step forward. Will be interesting who they bring in to provide depth in Milwaukee. Still 5 or 6 guys to add there yet.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote