View Single Post
Old
07-23-2013, 02:50 AM
silkyjohnson50

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
The bolded are not in competition with Abdelkader for a roster spot in any way other than the fact that there is a roster limit. Some of those not bolded arguably are not as well. Granted, Abdelkader likely won't be there, unless he does very well in the first half with Dats/Z
The point being that USA has a ton of forwards that are simply on a different level than Abdelkader. There's a real chance that USA's 4th line could consist of 3 NHL Captains in Brown, Backes, and Callahan. And every single one of them are physical guys that can skate and play in the dirty areas. The whole "Abdelkader could fill a need by his work in the dirty areas" is simply outrageous to me when you look at the players USA has available. Good for him for getting an invite, but to me Abdelkader is not a player that excels in any area. I mean, when has he even been a real effective bottom 6 player? Some people seem to always talk about his willingness to do the dirty work, but news flash: he's really not that effective at it.

silkyjohnson50 is offline   Reply With Quote