View Single Post
Old
07-23-2013, 02:54 AM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyjohnson50 View Post
The point being that USA has a ton of forwards that are simply on a different level than Abdelkader. There's a real chance that USA's 4th line could consist of 3 NHL Captains in Brown, Backes, and Callahan. And every single one of them are physical guys that can skate and play in the dirty areas. The whole "Abdelkader could fill a need by his work in the dirty areas" is simply outrageous to me when you look at the players USA has available. Good for him for getting an invite, but to me Abdelkader is not a player that excels in any area. I mean, when has he even been a real effective bottom 6 player? Some people seem to always talk about his willingness to do the dirty work, but news flash: he's really not that effective at it.
Another news flash, he must be a heck of a lot better at that kind of stuff than many around here are giving him credit for. This is a pretty selective list even if you don't think he has a chance. Look at these names, look at some of the guys they think he is worth a look over. Guys like Dubinsky for instance. Some hockey people certainly see something, they don't think he is hot garbage. Maybe that should slow people's roll, as we all know since basically Detroit's front office/coach is team Canada for this event, turns out other people evaluating his talent beyond just Holland and Babcock those normally trashed for Abdelkader see something. Heck you could argue with this they see kind of a lot.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote