View Single Post
Old
07-23-2013, 08:47 AM
Simonster

vCash: 500
Interview with de la Rose from http://www.hockeysverige.se/article/...om-turbulensen

Quote:
de la Rose on turbulence
"Salo has been clear"
In recent weeks there has been some bickering about Jacob de la Rose, where he mostly has been a passive observer when multiple parties clashed about his career. Now he tells hockeysverige.se about his own thoughts about everything.
- It was not that I wanted to leave Leksand because it would be bad there in any way, says Jacob de la Rose.
It has been speculated and discussed a lot around Leksand 18-year-old forward, Jacob de la Rose. Should he play next season SHL hockey with Leksand in Sweden or junior hockey in North America for the OHL team Windsor?

The answer was SHL and Leksand since he is under contract with the club. Many have painted a picture of a very disappointed de la Rose, but when hockeysverige.se got an interview with him after a round of golf at home in Arvika we instead met a Värmlander which is stoked for league games with Leksand.

Was it a big disappointment that you won't play for Windsor in the OHL?
- No, absolutely not. It was never that I wanted to leave Leksand because it would be bad there somehow. Montreal wanted me to go over there because it would be best for me. When they presented it, I thought that maybe it would be best for me to go over to try get a feel for the game (over there).
- It has, as I said, never been that I want to leave Leksand and now it'll be Leksand that I'll play for and I think it will be damn good there.

Does Montreal view it as more stimulating for your possible future games in the NHL to move over now and play the North American hockey instead of playing SHL?
- No, the quality is better here at home in the top division, but it is about getting the ice time also. Montreal was unsure how much I will get to play. They want me to play these so-called major minutes. In Windsor, I would probably play all powerplay, penalty kill and all other major minutes there.
- Now I'll do everything I can to fight for a place in Leksand, but it's not that I demand (a certain amount of) time or something like that. Ice time is deserved, but I obviously have to work as hard as I can to get to play as much as possible.

Last edited by Simonster: 07-23-2013 at 09:19 AM. Reason: please don't post full articles (piqued). Fixed the translation from google translate to be more comprehensible (Simonster)
Simonster is offline   Reply With Quote