View Single Post
Old
07-23-2013, 10:52 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
05-06 for me. It was great to finally see a winning team after so long. Plus, getting to watch Jagr at that level was really special. Prucha and Hank busting onto the scene. It was exciting.

On the same note, that season was bittersweet in hindsight. It essentially nullified what was going to be a multi-year rebuild and gave Sather the go ahead to return to his old ways of "spend, spend, and spend again."
Agreed.

No one thought we were any good then Jagr and Lundqvist took over. LOTS of crap Sather gave us for years leading up to this squad. I've been a Ranger fan for 34 years, that team was one of a handful that performed well above expectations. Total surprise team, yet this time the other direction in the standings.

Personally in my life I needed that team, tough year for me, so it came just when I needed it. 11-12 was a better team and more enjoyable playoff, but 05-06 stands out to me.

And of course you are right about that success leading to Sather going back to signing guys on their last legs.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote